There are a range of ways in which people and organisations can participate in the upcoming work of the National Commissioner, including for example through participating in face to face round table discussions, meetings, sharing of stories and insights through written submissions, and participation in hearings.
The National Commissioner is committed to supporting people to contribute in a trauma-informed and restorative way. This includes offering choice about how they may wish to participate, and enabling them to participate when they are ready - in their own time. The National Commissioner intends to visit all states and territories (COVID restrictions permitting).
The National Commissioner will necessarily adjust its approach to engagement in accordance with the Federal Government’s health advice regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Thank you to the following organisations for their participation and contributions in round table discussions and meetings with the interim National Commissioner.
- Advisory Council for the Council for Women and Families United by Defence Service
- Air Force Association
- Australian Peacekeeper & Peacemaker Veterans' Association Inc.
- Australian Special Air Service Association
- Australian Veteran Alliance
- Australian War Widows
- Australian War Widows – NSW
- Beyond Blue
- Carry On Victoria
- Council for Women and Families United by Defence Service
- Defence Families of Australia
- Defence Force Welfare Association
- Defence Force Welfare Association – WA
- Defence Reserves Association
- Disaster Relief Australia
- Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation
- Hawthorn RSL
- Legacy Australia
- Legacy WA
- Naval Association of Australia – WA
- Overwatch Australia
- QLD Vietnam Veterans Association of Australia
- RAAF Association – WA
- RSL – ACT
- RSL – Victoria
- RSL – WA
- State Coroner of Queensland
- Soldier On
- The Australian Federation of Totally and Permanently Incapacitated Ex-Servicemen and Women West Australian Branch
- The Warrior's Return
- Veterans Services RSL Queensland
- Victoria Vietnam Veterans Association of Australia
- Victorian Defence Reserves Association Vietnam Veterans Association of Australia
- Vietnam Veterans and Veterans Federation – ACT
- Vietnam Veterans Association of Australia
- Vietnam Veterans Association of Australia – WA
- Voice of a Veteran